|TW Hội Khuyến học Việt Nam||http://www.hoikhuyenhoc.vn|
|Cam kết và khuyến nghị thúc đẩy giáo dục vì sự phát triển bền vững thông qua các TTHTCĐ (Promoting education for sustainable development through community learning centres)
Website Trung ương Hội Khuyến học Việt Nam trân trọng giới thiệu thông báo Cam kết quốc tế của Hội nghị “Thúc đẩy giáo dục vì sự phát triển bền vững thông qua Trung tâm học tập cộng đồng” ngày 7-8/10/2016, tại tỉnh Hòa Binh, bằng Tiếng Việt và Tiếng Anh.
Báo cáo Hội nghị "Thúc đẩy giáo dục vì sự phát triển bền vững thông qua Trung tâm học tập cộng đồng" (Tài liệu tiếng Anh)
Tải xuống tại đây
Commitments and RecommendationsWe, the more than seventy participants representing learners, teachers/facilitators and managers of Community Learning Centres (CLCs) from ten provinces and cities in Viet Nam, as well as representatives from the Ministry of Education and Training (MOET), the Viet Nam Association for Learning Promotion (VALP), research institutes and CLC experts from Cambodia, Japan and Lao PDR, who gathered in Hoa Binh, Viet Nam, on 7 and 8 October 2016 to discuss ‘Promoting Education for Sustainable Development through Community Learning Centres’, commit to continuing and expanding Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) through CLCs.
on Promoting Education for Sustainable Development
through Community Learning Centres
(Hoa Binh, Viet Nam, 7–8 October 2016)
Building on the rich experiences of CLCs in Viet Nam in providing various learning opportunities for local people, as well as the Okayama Commitment (2014) on promoting ESD through community-based learning, the UNESCO Recommendation on Adult Learning and Education (2015), and the Global Action Programme on ESD, we hereby commit and agree upon the following recommendations:
I. Our commitments
Community-based learning is key to building a sustainable learning society. Collaboration between providers and stakeholders from national education and development systems is crucial to the success of CLCs and to achieving the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and its Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 4 Education 2030 targets.
Education is central to the sustainable development of nations in general and communities in particular. CLCs provide various learning and development opportunities in literacy, poverty reduction/income generation, democratic citizenship, community health, environmental conservation, and other sociocultural issues at local level. CLCs’ strength in providing contextualized, culturally and linguistically appropriate learning and education programmes for learners, particularly for young people and adults, needs to be fostered.
CLCs have played an especially important role in promoting ESD and building learning societies in Viet Nam; however, they still have limitations and must cope with several challenges in responding to the needs of learners and the sustainable development requirements of local communities. To promote ESD at local level, it is imperative to maintain and strengthen the operation of existing CLCs so that they can become a multifunctional model of education and sustainable community development.
In our respective individual and collective capacities, we commit to promote and implement the following actions:
1. Raise greater awareness of and advocacy for CLCs and the role they play in promoting ESD.
2. Encourage community ownership and develop appropriate governance to create sustainable, effective management and operation of CLCs, as well as true lifelong learning facilities for adults and information and counselling centres that contribute to sustainable community development.
3. Promote professional competencies to enhance the provision of quality education for sustainable development through the CLCs; this, in turn, will encourage more people to attend CLCs, especially those from disadvantaged backgrounds such as women, the poor, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and underprivileged groups.
4. Implement with quality and effectiveness the strategies set out in Circular No. 26 issued by MOET on 27 October 2010, which put forth legal, income-generating, healthcare, sociocultural and environmental protection education programmes as a way to provide local people with basic knowledge and skills to develop their communities sustainably.
5. Strengthen partnerships to mobilize resources (including human, material and financial resources) from communities, corporations, and local, national and international sources to promote ESD through CLCs.
6. Support and share good ESD practices at the local level by establishing networks of CLCs nationally and internationally.
II. Our recommendations
To promote ESD at the local level and further strengthen the role of CLCs in promoting lifelong learning, building a learning society, and sustainable development, we jointly recommend the following to the government (MOET and other relevant ministries) and local leaders at all levels:
1. Increase public awareness on and attention to ESD for adults through CLCs. In the educational reform to build a learning society, higher importance should be placed on lifelong learning for adults in the community. Adult education must be considered an increasingly important component of the national education system.
2. Improve the legal framework and appropriate policies for maintaining, strengthening and sustaining CLCs.
3. Develop effective collaboration and partnership mechanisms to mobilize all possible resources to support ESD activities at CLCs.
4. Ensure the assignment of at least one permanent staff member for each CLC; this person will take responsibility for the daily operation, planning and implementation of ESD activities in the CLC.
5. Develop the capacities of managers, staff and teachers/facilitators of CLCs in ESD implementation by developing relevant training materials and organizing training courses. Ongoing capacity development for CLC managers and staff is an important factor for ensuring the quality and quantity of ESD at the local level.
PROMOTING EDUCATION FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
THROUGH COMMUNITY LEARNING CENTRES
(a Summary Final Reprort)
|URL của bản tin này::http://www.hoikhuyenhoc.vn/modules.php?name=News&op=viewst&sid=4042|
|© TW Hội Khuyến học Việt Nam||contact: firstname.lastname@example.org|